Dear Mr. Jesus
Monday, May 11, 2009
My Brother Andrew
Andrew was a Miricle baby he made the papers at only two weeks old. He was born to a mother who didn't have a IQ high enough to care for him. She drank her whole pregnancy as well. He was born with Fetal Alchol Syndrome and that was just one strike against him. When he was born she brought him home and put him in a box and left him on the counter. It was there he would learn not to cry and not to suckle as infants should. The doctor called to make sure she was bringing him in for his two week check up. She said she would and hung up. What the doctors expected to see would shock them all. They where handed a very malnurished baby and very fragil. They put him in the hospital and he was placed under foster care right away. His foster mom that took him home from the hospital was such a saving grace in his life. She loved him so much and had so much love for him. She taught him how to suck and cared deeply for him. He was placed in our home for adoption at the tender age of one years old. Andy wore a helmet and would bang and rock his head into things. Mom took that off and one time of getting hurt he didn't do it again. He had the sweetest personality you ever saw and last I saw him he still had it. He is everyones friend and loves and smiles at everyone. Andy thrived at our house and loved to brush my hair. He could easily be suckered into doing a chore for you or scratching your back. He could also be just as easily blamed for spills and even mom didn't have the heart to yell at him. Esp when he would look at her with big dark eyes and say Sorry. Andy loved to eat and he was always easy to please. He just never complained much and was so complient. When we all went to foster care Andy was placed in a few homes. I guess some people don't like children with special needs and they don't know how to deal with them. Andy did take a lot of patience to teach him anything. I taught him to read myself because the teachers just gave up. He has a good memory and last I saw him he could remember so many things but didn't quite understand that mom wasn't comming home. He asked me where Mom was anyway. I said Andy Mom went on to Heaven to Live with Jesus in the sky. Oh he said just so Andy all calm and collect as if that was ok and no big deal. Last I seen Andrew was at my wedding and a few times after. I tried to keep in touch with him but they moved his home. With no notice we lost touch again. My husband and I are left with just his memory and a picture of our wedding day. He gave me a cook book because he said it was just like moms. He is right she had the same exact one. When I use it I often think of Andy. I think of the worlds most happy person in the world. I wish we could see each other again but in life sometimes we just take diffrent roads. Andrew if your out their somewhere thinking of me Sissy Loves you with all her heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment